Tips to Staying Youthful
For the past six years friends, colleagues, the public have always assumed I was 6 to 7 years younger than I am. I know that society, particularly women, are on a constant search to determine the elixir of life that keeps them looking young and youthful so I am letting some of my simple yet effect ways to look consistently half a decade younger out of the bag. For those of you who may be sceptical that my ideas are actually scientifically proven I've backed them up by science. Enjoy!
How to look half a decade younger like Julia
1. Exercise- compound exercises, interval workouts- mixing it up between the gym and nature frequently
2. Eat fruit and vegetables daily, they actually help create a healthy glow that is attractive to others according to Dr Mercola. Reduce the intake of foods that are high in fat and sugar as well as anything that contains preservatives or added colourings.
3. Consume plenty of water- this hydrates the skin, body cells and helps removes any toxins from the body.
4. Laugh and smile often- get lines on your face for a good reason.
5. Do not smoke as it increases fine lines on your skin by damaging the collagen and elastin that are responsible for creating a youthful look (Dr Taylor Hays, MayoClinic). Avoid drinking excessively as it distends and dilates the blood vessels in your face while it attempts to break down the toxins leaving you with a blotched or flushed complexion.
6. Wear zinc to protect your skin from the sunshine. I am a fair skinned lady, I enjoy using zinc to protect my skin, it last a long time and I never get burnt when I have it on. Admittedly it is expensive however I think its worth the cost when you don't get burnt. This is priority for me because I already had 3 suspicious skin cancers taken out at age 18. Now its only ever zinc. My weapon of choice...Invisible Zinc. Two applications all day and I am good in the Australian sunshine! Try it! Live overseas? Ship it in! I am telling you, it is a godsend.
7. Sleep. I always get 7 to 8 hours a night or if I happen to get 6 I catch up with an afternoon nap. The body's cells require at least 6hours to fully replenish from the day before otherwise they actually shrivel and age themselves. So, look after each cell and you'll after your youth.
8. Take time to de-stress. Life is not meant to be run at full pace all the time. Lie in a hammock, take time to yourself, meditate, do nothing for a while, have a day off, prioritise yourself. When you pause you always feel better, healthier and you don't feel stressed or old. You have more space for fun and that always makes you feel more youthful!
Any questions or tips for fellow readers please leave them below.
Till next time, love your body and it will love you back.