What children can teach us about life
I love observing kids and how raw they are. They really say the funniest, most insightful things, they ask the tough questions and sometimes they share the most naïve, hilarious thoughts but their ability to 'just get on with it' is lovely. The more you observe kids the more I want to learn how to capture their childlike nature and teach adults how to embrace the purity of children. Here’s what I have got so far about what children have to teach us about life:
1. Don’t take life too seriously, people usually forget what happens a day or two later and if they don’t who cares, we all make mistakes so just move on.
2. If someone makes your gut churn there is probably a good reason for it, trust your gut and move on without talking to them.
3. Say it like it is. There is no point beating around the bush, don’t like something say it, love something say it, hate something just look someone straight in the face and say ‘I hate the way you do that.’ Life really would be much simpler.
4. People don’t have ‘colours of their skin’ or ‘disabilities’ or ‘issues’ people are simply people and they deserve to be talked to, played with and taken notice of just like everyone else.
5. If you are unkind don’t expect people to be kind, you get what you deserve, don’t whinge.
6. If you pretend to care expect the other person to be unimpressed. Be genuine.
7. Always ask for what you want, there’s no point being scared.
8. Playing is better than sitting inside.
9. Life’s too short not to laugh at yourself.
10. No question is stupid and anything is possible.
11. If at first you fall, get back up and try again (and again and again if you have to, there's no other way to learn).
12. You don’t need a reason to be kind.
13. Do something for others because you want to not because you have to.
14. It is always a good time to say hello to someone on the street.
15. When you love someone you should absolutely tell them and as often as you like.
How many of these things do you do as an adult? Are you as inspired as I am by the beauty of young children? Aren’t they just straight up awesome little kids?!
Thanks to my niece and nephews for inspiring this blog post. I am always in awe of their beauty, each of them are different little personalities but they all share this raw beauty you see in so many children.
Till next time,